ULTIQA Hotels & Resorts
By admin | May 22, 2017
Here are some facts that might surprise you about South East Queensland
- Half a million people call the Gold Coast home
- Listed as one of the most desirable places in the world to live when ranked on political, social, economic and environmental factors, personal safety and health
- The region welcomes more than 12 million visitors annually
- The Gold Coast has largest professional life guard service in Australia
- It is also home to the largest subtropical rainforest remnant in the world & more than 100,000 hectares of nature reserves & World Heritage sites
- Brisbane City Hall is the largest city hall in Australia
- Brisbane has 283 days of sunshine a year
- Brisbane was the busiest submarine port in the world during World War II
- Queen Street was a barracks between 1827 and 1830 for up to 1000 convicts
- The first lamington was made in 1900 at Old Government House for Lord and Lady Lamington
- China Town in Fortitude Valley was part of the movie set in Jackie Chan’s movie Jackie Chan’s First Strike
- The Ettamogah Pub is the most photographed pub in Australia, funnily enough the world Ettamogah is an aboriginal word for a place with good drink!
- The Sunshine Coast is home to the world’s second largest rock, which is second none other than Uluru.
- Mudjimba island was once owned by Sean Connery
- The Glass House Mountains area generates lots of reports regarding alien activity
- Apparently, there is a curse on couples who climb Mt Coolum, based on an aboriginal legend in which Ninderry knocks off Coolum’s head to get his wife back. His revenge is to break up any couple that climbs the mountain.
- Surf Life Saving Queensland has listed Caloundra’s King’s Beach as the state’s top and safest beach in 2015/2016